Today I'm sharing a post from the fashion group I'm in, where we have weekly challenges, and this one was about trying out different styles than we naturally gravitate toward.
From left to right, we have "fun", "romantic", and "edgy".
But THIS is my personality in a nutshell. Rainbow chair and all. I am not the soft and delicate type; I am also not hard or rocker in any way.
Either way, my house is open and welcome to anyone who was rejected by their own families. I got you. *I* am your family. (And pssst, I have good wine)
What I wore:
- Cardigan: White House Black Market
- Dress: Kate Spade
- Belt: probably the children's section of Target
- Shoes: Seychelles
- Sunglasses: Abella Eyewear
- My favorite accessory, wine: Cherry Valley Winery malbec, and yeah, I drank it chilled because it's too damn hot out here in western WA and I didn't sign up for this shit
- Sweater: sparkly knit top by Calypso
- Pants: soft stretch denim by Citizens of Humanity
- Shoes: Modcloth
- Necklace: Paparazzi
- Top: Elizabeth & Clarke
- Pants: Stella McCartney jeans
- Shoes: Sole Society (shout out to Mandi for sending them to me! You're my favorite Canadian! My other Canadian friends might come fight you to regain that title though)
- Jewelry: random boutiques from my travels
All in all, it's good to change up your style every now and again. I tend to dress more classic, modern, and/or fun, but I also like comfortable and flowy, and sometimes I like adding a little fierceness to my look as well. All of these items are things I already own, and I don't mind mixing it up based on my mood, or whether or not I just want people to NOT mess with me today. My black heels covered in spikes? Yeah, those are my "I am not dealing with your shit today" shoes.
See you tomorrow! And if you're in an area with wildfires, stay indoors if you can, especially if you have asthma or any respiratory issues. It is really smokey out here in the greater Seattle area. I thought it was fog at first. It seems like the whole world is on fire.