Today I am going to share TWO outfits, and a make-up look. The outfits are basically polar antonyms of each other. I've got the casual, performance wear, uber practical outfit, and also the "Seriously, Tracy? THAT'S what you're wearing to Costco?" outfit.
- Jacket: Gore Wear running jacket
- Shirt: Some sweater you can't see so who cares? (Fair Isle wool sweater from the Gap, if you DO care)
- Pants: Dark wash cigarette skinnies from 7 for all Mankind
- Shoes: Over-the-knee faux leather boots from Zulily
- Accessories: Shimmery Knit hat from Forever 21
Minimal makeup: Missha BB Cream, Ciate London eyeliner, and Lipsense in First Love (FYI, free shipping!)
Breakdown of the outfit:
- Coat: Vera Wang fur coat purchased in Oslo, Norway
- Top: Another purchase from Zulily
- Skirt: Lambskin leather skirt by Hussein Chalayan
- Boots: the same pair from above, from Zulily
- Jewelry: Earrings and necklace from Paparazzi
- Purse: Kate Spade
Now we're going to talk about the make-up. It's not very obvious in the photos above, so I posted a bunch of close-up shots so you can see that it is definitely dramatic and bold and different. I've done this look before, but with a turquoise eyeshadow. This time I opted for HOT PINK.
I did this intentionally. I saw a make-up artist put this bold blue swath of color on a model, and orange on her top lips, and obviously it was very editorial, but I thought, "Why can't I just make the BOTTOM part of my eye where I put all the color and focus?"
I kept my upper eyes "nude" with a beige shimmery eyeshadow (just enough to brighten and open up the eye, but look super natural). I used black eyeliner, and then used a brow brush to apply the pinkest eyeshadow I own. It's fluorescent. It's fun. It's bold.
And it is surprisingly not as childish, Barbie-like, or strange as one would think. I mean, of course you really see the color in close ups, but here's another photo and it's not super obnoxious. My kids didn't even notice at first (granted, they are buried nose-deep in YouTube videos most of the time).
Before I sign off, let me give you a quick rundown of all the crap I've got on my face! It's definitely not minimal:
- Color correcting concealers from DYT and Nyx
- Undereye concealer is Tarte maracuja creaseless concealer
- Oil Control powder by Etude House
- BB Cream by Missha
- Brow Pencil by Etude House
- Eyeshadows by Karity
- Bronzer by Rimmel
- Eyeliner by Ciate London
- Luminizer by DYT
- Lipsense lipcolor in Bravo (FYI, free shipping!)
See you tomorrow!