And the things behind my glasses that shrank behind the curvature, were my EYES.
I was unable to wear contacts until I was in college, because they had finally advanced enough for people like me to use them, and I remember just staring at my face in the mirror, in shock, because I felt like I hadn't really ever seen myself accurate for my entire life.
I said to my sister, "I have ENORMOUS GIGANTIC COW EYES. These things are HUGE. Have they ALWAYS been this huge?!" In comparison to how they looked with my glasses on, my eyes seemed ridiculously large, and like they were not really mine.
Even though I'm 35 now, I still have moments where I think, "Dang, my eyeballs are freakin' gigantic." (Everyone says this sometimes, right?... right?)
The other day, I decided to do my eyemakeup in a way that is really popular with the Asian community. We tend to have hooded eyes or monolids, and having BIG EYES is a very desirable trait, along with an "eyelid crease" (the majority of Korean women just go get it done SURGICALLY, via blepharoplasty).
Cutting the crease is a technique you can do to create an illusion of an eyelid crease and larger eyes. I chose white and a purpley-magenta color.
To get the full effect of how much larger my eyes look, though, here's a straight on shot, without smiling (because that scrunches up my face and my eyes squinch up a bit when I smile)... I have large eyes to begin with (by Asian standards). But I actually think I look a little alien here.
And shout out to my eyebrows! I've got brows for daaaaaaays!
Alright, so here's all the crap I piled on to my face for this:
- Wunderbrow in black/brown (I cheated a little to make my brows that browsy)
- Purpley/Magenta eyeshadow from Karity, the Smokey Palette, which I entirely depotted in this video, which is why I don't know the color anymore
- White eyeliner that I should NOT have used in lieu of eyeshadow is Younique Precision Pencil Liner in Pristine
- Black eyeliner is Ciate London
- BB Cream is Missha in No. 21
- Bronzer used for light contouring is by Rimmel London (from Target)
- Gold Shimmer lip gloss by Senegence (available for purchase, just send a message to me personally or the blog's Facebook page, as one of the upcoming co-bloggers is a representative)
- Golden Glow highlighter from DYT
...and then I washed it all off so I could go for a run! (I should have kept it on and then reported back how many of the products survived a 4-miler lol)
Have an awesome Wednesday! I'm packaging up a whole bunch of giveaway prizes to go put in the mail now! Please let me know when you get them! See you tomorrow!