I have decided to keep my Ipsy Glam Bag Plus subscription. Honestly, they seem to do a much better job with choosing products and brands I would actually use, and the box arrives soooooo much earlier than the regular Ipsy Glam Bag (the Ipsy Glam Bag Normal is what I've dubbed it). My Ipsy Glam Bag Normal hasn't even started tracking yet. I'm not getting that thing until my kids start school. Gaaaaaaah.
But the Glam Bag Plus is FIRE and definitely worth way more than the $25 I pay (weeeelllllll, I also purchase add-ons, but you can see which products were added, and which came in my box as part of the normal $25 fee):
Here is what I got in my box:
- Huda Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette in "Golden Sands" (Full Size)
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara in "Black" (Full Size)
- Pixi by Petra Glow Mist (Full Size)
- Goldfaden MD Bright Eyes cream (Full Size)
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer (Full Size)
- Thrive Cosmetics Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara in "Brynn"/Black (Full Size) PURCHASED ADD-ON
- Huda Beauty Obsessions Palette in "Smokey" (Full Size) PURCHASED ADD-ON
- Smashbox Cosmetics Contour Palette in "Light/Medium" (Full Size) PURCHASED ADD-ON
- Yensa BC Foundation in "Light Neutral" (Deluxe Sample Size) POINTS REDEMPTION
Full Size products you add on to your Glam Bag are only $12, and if you add on a mini/travel size product, it's only $3, in case you want to know what the price points are and why add-ons are so popular (things go faaaaaast). You earn points from reviewing your items and glam bags, and you can redeem those for extra items for free.
If I also got the cute little zipper pouch with the Glam Bag Plus that I get with the Glam Bag Normal, I'd ditch the Glam Bag Normal. Honestly, I think that's the only reason I have the regular Ipsy subscription at this point (am I the only person who actually likes the little makeup bags that come with the subscription?).
So far, the Goldfaden MD Bright Eyes cream has been the surprise favorite! It treats dark undereye circles and fine lines, and it's super moisturizing (I used it before bed, and when I woke up, I actually looked like I got more than 6 hours of sleep for once, but without, you know, actually getting enough sleep because who on earth has time for that). And obviously, Huda is one of my top choices for basically everything, and Smashbox, so zero surprises that I think those products rock.
Come back tomorrow because, SPOILER ALERT, I'll be sharing a cheap Korean alternative to get GlamGlow results without the ridiculous GlamGlow price tag. *mwah*